SAL @ 903 Brewery
Members Only art event
Dec. 1, 2023 – January 3, 2024
@ 1718 S. Elm St., Sherman, TX 75090
903 Brewery owner Jeremy Roberts is hosting SAL members to display art in the brewery pub the first weekend in December.
Purpose: To participate and bring community awareness to art and artists in our area. To form relationships with area businesses. To support local art and our SAL members.
SAL members will begin hanging/displaying art on Friday Dec. 1 beginning @ 11:00 a.m. We will need a few volunteers to help with hanging work.
Participants and guests are asked to come by the brewery Friday, Dec. 1 between 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. for a meet and greet. There will not be a reception, but participants can purchase food and drinks at the brewery. __________________________________________________________________
- This is a family friendly establishment and Mr. Roberts asked that we do not hang any political or controversial art. Also please do not use 903 logos or any proprietary artwork in your artwork. The logos are trademarked.
- The owner will not be asking for any commission on sales.
- He will not be responsible for the art or art transactions while it is in his establishment.
- Any transactions will be made directly through the artist and the customer. Remember this is an SAL members only event and SAL requires 20% commission on any sales. Turn in commissions by 15 January 2024.
Send to: The Sherman Art League P.O Box 222, Sherman, TX 75091.
- Your work should be labeled beside the work with your contact information.
(Name of artist, title/size/medium, price, artists contact information.) Please make one for each piece to hang by your work.
EACH ARTIST MUST BE PRESENT FOR HANGING THEIR ART. Unless you make specific arrangements for someone else to hang your work.
- If you sell your art, please remove the art yourself and let the SAL president or treasurer know. We want to ensure it was removed with your permission.
Artists may pick up art on Dec. 5 after 11:00 a.m. or Artists are allowed to leave their art until Jan. 5, 2024. The 903 is closed on Mondays.
(please pick up art between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.) Indicate on the agreement how long you would like to leave your art.
We will be asking each participant to sign an agreement very similar to the one for our annual show. (Example, SAL will receive 20 percent commission on work sold… price accordingly.)
Hang art on Friday Dec. 1 beginning @ 11:00 a.m. Some hangers are available already but if you need more wall space, please bring appropriate tools or hanging racks for your work. If you need to discuss or have questions, give me a call.
3D artists will need to provide your own table or pedestals.
Now, artists may want to go take a look at the space because it may not be for everyone. The ceilings are high, and lighting is not great, but we can put together something that looks cool and professional. Hope you will participate in this opportunity at the 903 Brewery. 903 gets a lot of traffic out of the metroplex. Please go by and take a look. It opens at 11a.m., Tuesdays – Saturday.
Mr. Roberts asked that individual members not contact him directly, he would rather deal just one person to keep communications clear. If you have questions, please send them to Bonniekoenig2015@outlook.com and questions will be compiled and sent to him all at once.
SAL president will send out a reminder at the end of December to remind participants to pick up work or make arrangements with a friend to pick up your art.
See attached forms below: